MDGuidelines is committed to constantly improving our content and tools. We’re pleased to announce a number of updates: enhancements to our medical topics and duration tables, formulary, ACOEM Guidelines, and web-based tools.
Medical Topics and Durations Update (Available Now)
- 140 revised topics including 2 new topics: Mallet Finger and Opioid Overdose
- 105 new and updated duration tables
Formulary Update (Available Now)
- 32 new drug recommendations related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- 9 deleted drug recommendations involving Betamethasone and Codeine Phosphate for conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Hip Osteoarthrosis, Low Back, Radicular Pain Syndromes, Rotator Cuff Tendinopathies
(View the formulary change report)
ACOEM Guideline Updates
- A new, comprehensive Anxiety Disorders clinical practice guideline will be available on April 30th.
- 51 recommendations related to use of antidepressants, exercise, therapies, marijuana and cannabis, acupuncture, and more
- Guideline contains algorithms, diagnostic criteria, screening and testing recommendations, treatment recommendations, and extensive references.
- ACOEM’s COVID-19 clinical practice guideline was updated on March 29th and includes up-to-date guidance:
- New guidance on rehabilitation for severe and/or chronic COVID-19 cases
- Vaccination information, including travel advice for vaccinated individuals
- Updated treatment recommendations
- Updates from the CDC on physical distance in K-12 classrooms
Additional Updates, News, and Events
- MDGuidelines content has been updated with revised ICD-10-CM and CPT code sets including 6 new ICD-10-CM codes specific to COVID-19:
- Encounter for screening for COVID-19 (Z11.52)
- Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19 (Z20.822)
- Personal history of COVID-19 (Z86.16)
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) (M35.81)
- Other specified systemic involvement of connective tissue (M35.89)
- Pneumonia due to coronavirus disease 2019 (J12.82)
- The Medical Cost and Treatment Utilization Tool now generates revised medical cost statistics based on more than 18M disability cases.
- The Duration Analyzer Tool has been enhanced with a downloadable Duration Benchmark Report in PDF format that provides frequency counts of major diagnostic categories and subcategories, and the associated durations. A brief training video for Duration Analyzer is available.
- We will be exhibiting at the 2021 AOHC Virtual Conference on May 2-5. Stop by and visit with us during the exhibitor meeting times!
- Check out our latest news articles from DMEC’s “@Work Magazine”: Smarter Tools for Classifying Jobs and Linking Clinical Guidelines and Disability Durations
- We’re looking forward to presenting at CMSA 2021 June 7-10 on the topic of “Effective Use of Job Requirements for Case Management.”
We value your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with your suggestions.