Administering FMLA (the Family and Medical Leave Act) is a consistent challenge for many employers. FMLA is a complex topic, and even experienced leave management specialists can find gaps in their knowledge. Over 1200 people attended our recent webinar on FMLA, and the breadth and variety of questions we received on the topic were enough to convince us that, yes, this is a topic that needs more explanation. Fortunately, we have plenty of FMLA information for you.
Four great FMLA resources:
- The Absence Management Academy section of ReedGroup’s website has an entire page dedicated to FMLA.
- Take our short FMLA Quiz to check your understanding of some of the principles of compliant FMLA management.
- Sign up for our Absence Management Academy webinar series, presented in collaboration with Guardian Life, where you’ll learn from compliance and leave experts. The next session, in June, will be entirely dedicated to answering real FMLA questions asked by employers.
- The Department of Labor’s website offers FMLA resources, including general guidance, fact sheets and posters that can be helpful for employers.
- If you’re a member of the DMEC (Disability Managing Employer’s Coalition), the DMEC Learning Center has a wealth of educational content, including information on FMLA.
Information provided on this blog is intended for general educational use. It is not intended to provide legal advice. ReedGroup does not provide legal services. Consult an attorney for legal advice on this or any other topic.