Managing employee leaves of absence has never been more complicated. ReedGroup provides a wealth of expert information on all aspects of absence management, available at no cost. Here are some of our most popular and frequently-accessed resources:
- ReedGroup’s blog. Our blog is updated four or five times a month, and if you subscribe, you won’t miss anything – we send a weekly update with links to anything that’s new that week. Subscribing to the blog is also a good way to make sure you don’t miss our webinars, conference presentations or other events.
- Absence Management Academy. This section of reedgroup.com covers the fundamentals of absence management, and explains the primary laws affecting how employers should manage employee leaves of absence. If you’re looking for more in-depth information on the latest developments related to a specific leave type (for example, FMLA), Absence Management Academy will help you update your knowledge. (Want to test your knowledge of FMLA? Take our quiz.)
- Webinars. ReedGroup presents webinars on a variety of absence-related topics – here’s a link to the recording of our most recent presentation , where we collaborated with Guardian to help attendees better understand how employers can manage vaccine mandates, along with requests for exemptions and accommodations. Visit the Resources section to sign up for our very popular quarterly Absence Management Academy webinar series here to learn about the regulations around the most frequently requested types of leave.
- MDGuidelines. ReedGroup’s MDGuidelines, evidence-based and peer-reviewed disability and return-to-work guidelines, are truly the foundation of our approach to managing medical leaves of absence, and of our commitment to employee wellbeing. If you don’t have a subscription to MDGuidelines, you can still access key content including white papers, blogposts, and the COVID-19 guidelines.
- ReedGroup Canada. Employers with business on both sides of the US/Canada border have two sets of regulations and laws to consider. Absence management that encompasses employees in both countries has to account for some significant differences, including that fact that many benefits typically provided by employers in the US are provided by the government in Canada. There’s a whole separate website, and resources section, for ReedGroup Canada, with insight relevant to Canadian employers. Also available en Francais.
If you’re looking for assistance managing claims or to ensure compliance across your organization, ReedGroup has solutions for you. Check out our offerings here.
Information provided on this blog is intended for general educational use. It is not intended to provide legal advice. ReedGroup does not provide legal services. Consult an attorney for legal advice on this or any other topic.